Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Yard Sale and Community Gathering in Springfield, Tennessee


I just spent a week in Tennessee on family business but inadvertently scheduled it during a huge combined community yard sale in the historic district and  community gathering. The community is very friendly and many residents came out to sell cool old stuff. This is a yearly event but since I don't spend a lot of time up that way, I'd never heard of it. Hmm, I think I'll mark my calendar for next year.











We started out in the morning. My first catch of the day was a vintage monogrammed ornate quadruple-plated silverplate tea set. It was soon followed by a small  #13  Ball jar. I also found a vintage adding machine, a vintage fan and other things that are cool but don't work. I'm hopeful I'll be able to find someone who can restore them to their original glory. 

In the afternoon, there was a music stage with live country music, barbecue, all kinds of snacks and drinks and sidewalk specials in front of nearby stores.

This event truly had something for everyone. Now where did I put my pencil?

No comments:

Post a Comment