Sunday, October 30, 2011

Day Five of a Flea Market Booth

I'm beginning to fall into the rhythm of the market arriving with the vendors when the parking lot is empty and watching the people stream in later. There is a curious energy that courses through the aisles, one that is not found elsewhere. My neighbor, Vinny, says its addicting.

I spent some time unloading my truck with more goodies, paid my rent for November and scored some great finds from vendors that sell to dealers.

My motion-activated Halloween witch kitty
I brought in my witch kitty who said all kinds of cute things as people walked by. Her sweet little voice brought a smile to many a passerby. {Special thanks to Ron & Vinny for helping me put her together.}

How did I overlook that candlestick?
I arranged a few things and then took a couple of photos of Vinny's booth. He has an eclectic assortment of items that he gets at estate sales. You never know what you'll find over there. The glass apple is signed by the artist and looks quite luminous when photographed. He also has Christmas banners.



My camera's rechargable battery died after I got this pic so I wasn't able to get any more of my booth. Before I knew it, I had to leave to visit my wonderful mother-in-law. She'd forgotten about our lunch date and we found her in the gym, wearing headphones and sunglasses using a UBE of all things. Not too shabby for a 90 year old!

We had fun but I can't wait to come back and work some more in my little piece of the flea market ; )

Happy Halloween!


4 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun place to have a booth. : D

    ♥Linsey

    ReplyDelete
  2. You seem to be injoying your new adventure! I will be there in a few weeks to visit..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I just awarded your blog with the "Liebster Blog" award.
    http://dinas-madteaparties.blogspot.com/2011/10/happily-awarded.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much, ladies and especially Dina. I'd never heard of a Liebster award but I lived in Germany for 3 years as a child and knew immediately what it was. xoxo

    ReplyDelete