Sunday, October 16, 2011

Day Two of a Flea Market Booth: Making it My Own

Today Mr Vintage and I worked on the flea market booth for the first time. We decided that painting the floor was too ambitious if I am to move in and open next week, so we settled for vacuuming the rug throughly. In a couple of hours we removed all kinds of odd screws from the walls, the old Christmas lights on the beams overhead, various pieces of wood screwed to the walls and so on. I discovered that the beams over the booth are simply held in place by gravity. {I'm planning a fix for that one!}

In a word, I was making it my own. After all, I'm going to be spending quality time there so it has to feel just right. I decided that paint wouldn't fix the walls to my taste and decided to use the drop cloths to cover the walls photoshoot style. We staplegunned them into place. There is some space still uncovered but I got another drop cloth tonight and will cut it in half to fill in the empty space.

It was late in the afternoon when we were wrapping it up and our vendor neighbors stopped by. You never know who you'll meet at Renningers Flea Market. It turns out that the tool shop guy next door to us used to live on our street 5 houses down. Everyone is very friendly. Of course they want to know what I'm going to sell. How do you explain that you sell vintage decor, props and curiosities?

Tools of the trade

Christmas lights gone and drop cloth up


My "Welcome" sign from Wuslu


I think I have them throughly perplexed with the drop cloths. After all, everyone else has pegboard paneling or something similar.  No worries, the vendors at Treasure Cove were perplexed too, but not for long. Soon some were starting to copy me! 

There's still work to be done, but I'm feeling really good about it. It's going to work out okay ; )

5 comments:

  1. Keep it coming, I can't wait o see the finished project!!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will Carol and I'm planning to use the tips you gave me earlier : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting! I can't imagine being in Renningers, scares me. But I will come visit you. We have a booth at Art Angels in Orlando.
    Come visit us, we are having an open house this Thursday 5pm to 8pm. I will post it on my blog.
    Also we will have a booth at Fancy Flea Nov 12th.
    Hope to see you soon~Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see how it will turn out in the end! Looking great so far! :)
    The welcome sign is great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This should be your big weekend!!! Let us know how it goes!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete