Saturday, October 22, 2011

Facebook Frustrations

How many times have you been posting on your Facebook business page (mine is Heart Vintage Design) and try to discover that you can't tag a page you like in a post? Most people know that putting an "@" sign in front of the page name will tag it. Unless it doesn't. See the exchange below.

Intentionally or not, Facebook has set up tagging so that you must *like* the page you are trying to tag as the page you are tagging from. In the case of Vintage Lovers Unite, she *liked* the page as a personal page. When she tried to tag the page using the business page it didn't work.

To fix this, she had to use the page as Vintage Lovers Unite and *like* The Vintage Cupboard and High Falootin' Junk as Vintage Lovers Unite. Then she was able to tag.

I hope this will save someone hours of frustration. You see, I also run Vintage Lovers Unite as a way of trying to build a community of others who like or sell vintage and/or shabby items. I thought I was pretty Facebook savvy until this tagging problem began to show up.

Maybe it's been this way all along but wasn't a problem for me until recently. Happy tagging!

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for a great explanation of the @ symbol! I'll go try it right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering what was going on!!! Even though I don't fully understand...:)
    Thanks,
    Karin
    www.artisbeauty.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been having problems with FB the last 2 days. I can't leave my page to go to the home page. Any clue about that?
    Thanks,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look on the right side of your "home" and you should see "use facebook as {your name,} click that and you should be good to go.

    ReplyDelete
  5. after looking at your desk you got for your birthday I am amaging where I could use that in my life LOL it is so pretty

    ReplyDelete