Friday, October 7, 2011

St Augustine Musings


We spent some time in St Augustine, Florida this week. We always enjoy driving along the tiny back streets {my husband, Mr  ❤ Vintage, is from there and knows them well} and slowed down so I could grab this shot of a charming courtyard entrance. The giant cobwebs caught my eye and then I spotted the spider! Just past the red gate, unseen at this angle, a ghost bobbed in the wind suspended from a tree. At least I hope he was suspended! Even at noon, a spookiness permeated the air.




Later we passed the Methodist Church which was most certainly in the pumpkin business. We ended up at our favorite splurge restaurant, La Pentola for my mother-in-law's 90th birthday party. 


I wish I'd had a chance to take more pictures but this day belonged to my wonderful mother-in-law and was great anyway.



Happy Birthday, Gen and here's to hoping you have many more! 

............................................................




5 comments:

  1. Your MIL is gorgeous!!! I go to St. Augustine once a year to visit friends for a couple days, I always enjoy it! I do just what you said about putting one hymnal page on another book, oh yea we hang onto those music pages. Thank you sooo much for your very kind words, they mean so much to me I don't want to come across as a bragger, It was just a stroke of luck! I sold your scale this last week, I told her there was people waiting in line LOL! If I ever find another one I will contact you first!

    Carol

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Carol! I think I found one very much like it online and am very excited for it to get here. As a one-time science teacher I am drawn to them. Too much teaching how to calculate density I guess, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found out there's two haunted houses to visit http://oldcity.com/cityBlog/?p=1013 and a spooky ghost tour http://www.ghostsandgravestones.com/st-augustine/. Happy hauntings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI, you asked about the wrap on the soap, I think they sell the clear paper at the craft stores. you wrap it around and tape it and then you use a hair dryer to shrink it! I love it and use it on a lot of projects. I got a huge roll from a crafting friend years ago and that is what I am still using

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is a very beautiful lady and Mr. Vintage looks so much like her. I went to St. Augustine when I was a little girl to visit Aunts....many, many years ago.

    ReplyDelete