Sunday, November 20, 2011

Huge Shoutout to the French Nest


Anyone who knows my design style is aware that I am slightly obsessed with vintage mannequins. And anyone who frequents Renninger's Antique Market in Mount Dora, Florida, knows that French Nest has a secret source. So imagine my surprise when I was able to score one at the latest Extravaganza! This is not the one I bought {I didn't have time to get a pic of it yet} but it's pretty special. Mine also has a cage and rolly wheels. I love, love it. Thank you French Nest!!!

4 comments:

  1. Oh I did n0t go to the extravaganza, how was it? Oh how exciting to get a mannequin! Was the French Next at the extravaganza? What is their source? Is that who you bought it from? Having it on rollers is wonderful

    CArol

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful!!! I was there on Friday and snagged some goodies myself! Anna, the Euro linen lady was there again, so I got a couple of cuts from her! Nothing like the authentic, rustic grain sacks and linen!!

    Can't wait to see how you deck out your new lady!!
    Have fun and have a joyful Thanksgiving!!
    Hugs,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Kitty! We are so glad she went to a good home!!! We will be in our normal spot for the Jan Extrav (space 532). Come visit us again!! Shelley ~ French Nest

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carol,

    I got it from the French Nest. They have a vintage mannequin from France. I'm guessing they were stored in a warehouse and from estate sales. Mine has much simpler lines but I love, love, love her! As for what she'll be wearing, I snagged a nice vintage mink stole she may be stylin' soon!

    Becky, I'll have to check out the linens next time. I only had eyes for the mannequins. I think they had 3 or 4 and all of them were different. Not many people know I was born in the French countryside {I'm American} but I'm generally drawn to anything French at least as we Americans understand French style : )

    ReplyDelete