Tuesday, November 22, 2011

November 2011 Renningers Antique Extravaganza

One of hundreds of vendors
The 2011 Renningers Antique Extravaganza was a busy place this last weekend. Held on the same days as a major collectable pinball machine show as well as the long-running Longwood Craft Show, it had a  spectacular turnout.

I had to resist, but it wasn't easy!
My neighbor on the south, antique dealer and interior designer Meloni Turk had a lot of upscale glassware {still thinking about that punch bowl} and the most wonderful vintage corbels, some of which followed me home. {I swear!} She has a shop on Orlando's Antique Row and an encyclopedic knowledge of design.

Angel wings sold in pairs
My neighbor to the north was artist Sharon Derflinger of Palmetto, Florida. She makes absolutely stunning concrete art as well as jewlery that sold like hotcakes. To you can see her Etsy shop here.

As a true rookie, I was blessed to have the support of these two wonderful ladies as well as many of the pavillion dealers I've met at Renningers including Zen Cowgirl, Chici's Cottage Style, French Nest, Evergreen at Renningers and Shabby Kay among others. I hope I didn't leave anyone out but the experience was so overwhelming that I'm sure I did : )

We had such a great time, we plan to do it all over again on the third weekend of January 2012. Do plan to stop by!



4 comments:

  1. I definitely want to make the next one one, glad you had a great day, Happy Thanksgiving!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings Kitty,
    Hope you have an great Thanksgiving! Will be stopping by the packing house to check out the progress.

    See you soon!
    Zen Cowgirl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, thanks for stopping by my blog!!! I love to visit in return and am glad that I did. I, too, have a passion for vintage mannequins. I've only gotten one but am always on the hunt. Thanks for the resource!! Fancy Flea is actually before Renningers, you would LOVE it. (I posted a little late since we've been so crazy, busy at the store!!) Make sure you check it out for next April. You would love the whole venue!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment for me. I was so excited to see it!! Thank you for the tip.

    ReplyDelete