Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011 in Retrospect


Looking back on 2011 I see what a wild and crazy year 2011 has been.

I opened an Etsy shop which is how I ended up with the name HeartVintageDesign. In my quest to find a shop name acceptable to Etsy, I broke all of the naming rules. My name is long, complicated and gives no sense of what my shop is about. It's not especially google-friendly. But I can call my husband Mr Vintage. That has to be worth something.

For better or worse, I set up a Facebook page as HeartVintageDesign and so now it's set in stone.

I moved into Treasure Cove in Eustis, Fl and out 3 months later when it closed. My entire booth ended up in my garage.  I moved into Renningers Flea Market as soon as I could get a booth and two months later into The Ol' Packing House which is run by the same people who ran Treasure Cove.

I've learned so much in the last year. I am thankful for the people who've helped me along the way, especially my family. Alan, my brother who took me to his secret picking places. My sister Sharon who happily accompanied me picking in Ky and Tn and can smell silver tarnish at 50 paces. My brother-in-law Alton who can polish silverplate even better than me and I'm no slacker. My husband who can no longer park in the garage. {I promise I'll get my stuff out of there someday!}

I owe a heap of thanks to the bloggers who generously share there tutorials and inspiration and my Facebook *likers." Thanks to Dawn and Craig of Treasures of Then and Now for selling me their booth. I am forever indebted to my fellow vendors at Renningers for sharing tips and pointers. My thank you list goes on and on and includes my customers who are willing to share their knowledge with me.

Thank you for reading my blog and making comments. You all make my day. I'm looking forward to 2012 and am hoping for a great year for all of us.

Happy New Year!

5 comments:

  1. Wow, I followed every step, but it sure seems like a lot more when you put it all together. Wishing you a great 2012 my friend!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Carol and here's hoping you have a great one as well. I'm looking forward to following all of the goodies you'll be posting for the upcoming family wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kitty, I am sure you will have another amazing year of growth, learning and opportunities! Glad to have met you and follow your journey of success!

    Pattymae
    Zen Cowgirl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Pattymae. With mentors such as yourself I think 2012 will be a great year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year! Sounds like 2011 was very exciting. I wish you much success in the new year =)
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete