Sunday, February 19, 2012

It was the end of a long day at Renninger's Extravaganza in Mount Dora. My friend Sharon and I had walked acres to the fence looking for a vendor who went out to dinner. I wish I'd taken a picture of the hundreds of vendor tents spread out all over from the top of the hill. We stopped by and visited with folks we know who were camping in their spaces.

Near the top of the hill

At our last stop I spied a bag on a table that looked familiar. I said out loud to no one in particular "I have that stencil." Of course I had to get a better look at it. Hmm, it had a button that looked familiar, then I realized it was one of my bags. But I knew I didn't sell it to this vendor.

How cool was that to realize that this vendor had gotten the bag from another vendor. I have to say that hearing this vendor say that she loves my bag was the high point of the show. Never mind the sales I made, I had validation that my work is appreciated!


I just had to take her picture. I've come a long way in my bag graphics since I made this, but the memory of this moment will stay with me for a long time. 

Whose life have you impacted today? It takes so little time and she certainly made my day. I think her name was "Karen." Well, thank you Karen!

Finding her must have been meant to happen. It was the last night of her last show at Renningers as she's retiring. I think I was her last customer that night. It's amazing how things work out sometimes, isn't it?

6 comments:

  1. Wow! How wonderful for you. I didn't make it to Renningers this weekend. I'm hearing good things.
    Hope you had a good weekend~SueBee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being relatively new, I think I had a good weekend. Not the same as November but I made sales and got some great buys. >^..^< Kitty

      Delete
  2. Oh how great!! I have not seen your bags, you will have to show us!! I did not make it this weekend, glad you had descent weather, but, boy was it windy today. I don't think I made an impact in anyones life today....Maybe tomorrow LOL!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol, I am the worst sometimes at writing about my bags. Here's a link to some pics on my FB page : )

      https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.320320607991731.83242.219166664773793&type=3

      Delete
  3. Glad you like the suitcases. I use 2-3 coats of wipe on poly acrylic, from Home Depot, I think minwax makes it

    Carol

    ReplyDelete