Sunday, February 12, 2012

Minimalist Grunge Dress Form


Wearing only a rhinestone collar
No one who knows me can ever accuse me of being a minimalist. Other than when I did my home in an Asian aesthetic that was quickly eclipsed by my inner "more is more" design sensibility. I had planned to use my vintage dress form with the cage skirt and tiny rolly wheels for The Polka Dot's Dress From Linky Party. I arranged to borrow beautiful vintage rhinestones from Zen Cowgirl and Les of Jinques Photography said he'd do a photoshoot of her.

But I went in a different direction and used my modern dress form wearing only a rhinestone collar I picked up on sale last year. Continuing with my "gotta be different" attitude, I took her photo in from of the the flea market booth next door to me. I really wanted to grunge up the wall with street attitude but I'm sure Aaron wouldn't approve so I made do.

Sandra's shop

Before I chose the photo above I carried the dress form all over Aisle D of Renningers looking for the right photo angle, so my minimalist choice is not from sheer laziness. Inertia maybe, but laziness, no.

Sandra's shop #2

My shop 

My shop #2
In Ron's tool shop next door


In the end I just went with the first photo I took. Hopefully Carol won't boot her out of the party for being a naked rebel! I guess it's a risk we'll just have to take.

Linking up with 

The Polka Dot Closet

17 comments:

  1. I am truly LOL! My that girl gets around!! I think she will be quite the hit at the ball, I did hear the guests mumbling something about attitude! Oh, she immediately spiced things up, we are so thrilled she arrived!!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's a pistol all right. Glad she made you laugh : )

      Delete
  2. She makes any room come alive! TFS!! Hope y'all have fun at the ball!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think she looks great sporting her birthday suit....lol
    I hope she enjoys the ball....lol

    Smiles~
    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH I think she's beautiful just the way she is! Thanks for stopping by and for your nice comment about my dress form/studio post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank You so much for stopping by my blog and leaving me a comment on my dress form post!!

    I just LOVE your dress form!! I love the black and striking pink together. She is just beautiful! I'm now a follower :)

    Happy Valentines Day!
    Aledia

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW, this is awesome and I love your form and especially the settings you have her in. I actually have this one but mine wears the black and white damask. I placed an apron on her for the ball. She is in my studio. I found her in Hobby Lobby with ripped sides, so the manager let me buy her for nearly nothing. SCORE!!

    Thank you for stopping by. So nice to meet you and I am your newest follower.
    Have a great and creative weekend.
    Hugs, Celestina Marie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and I'm on my way over to visit you. I'll bet the black and white are stunning!

      Delete
  7. Well she looked lovely everywhere she went! *winks* Vanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She certainly sparked with her choker. I decided to wear it today at the Extravaganza.

      Delete
  8. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and becoming a follower! Now I'm your newest follower *winks* Vanna

    ReplyDelete