Monday, February 6, 2012

Vintage Factory Stencils

Lately I've been buying vintage factory stencils and stenciling bags with them. There's something rewarding about using tools that were used by people who were working in harsh conditions to support their families. Vintage brass stencils are utilitarian but beautiful at the same time. I feel a connection with the past when I pull them out.





I think I'm one lucky girl. Make stuff and "rescue" vintage stencils from the scrappers. And no, they're not for sale, but the bags and pillows I make from them are : )


...

2 comments:

  1. OMGoodness! I love the stencils and your work! So cool! Thank you so much for all of the fantastic mentions on Twitter! I appreciate it!

    Have a FUNtastic day! Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome and thanks for visiting my page!

      Delete