Monday, March 19, 2012

My First Antique Fair at Renningers

Regular readers know that I've done the Antique Extravaganzas at Renningers in Mount Dora for a year and loved every minute. [Well, maybe not the packing up part!] A little over a week ago, a  semi-permanent spot in the Pavillion behind the Antique Center opened up. You can bet I jumped on it! I think I did fine setting up considering that I was up late all week making totes and grain sack bags for the show. You see, I thought I had a break until the Fancy Flea at the end of April.

My candleholder and Marvin's crates
My friend Marvin of Dafney's Antiques & Collectables makes crates, benches and such and graciously let me use them in my booth [they were for sale too.] He makes all sizes and colors of crates but my favorites are the smaller natural colored ones. [If you missed your chance to get one, we'll be sharing a booth at the Fancy Flea in Lakeland.] Not only that but Dafney came down and staged my booth. It looked like Macy's at Christmas when she was done. I didn't get pics as I was suddenly swamped with shoppers.  Then of course I sold some stuff and my booth was empty again.


I called Mr Vintage and he brought me more stuff from the storage room and I made some quick changes.  I combined some staging tricks I'd  learned from my Extravaganza neighbor Sharon of Hunters Crossings with Dafney's design and ended up with a very browseable space that worked well.

I met some great vendor neighbors at the fair including  Rick and Laura Nickerson of Gardentiques and Alexis Mihura of Eagles Lair Antiques. The regulars I already knew were there too and everyone was welcoming. I am so lucky to be surrounded by wonderfully creative people.

My neighbor Joy sold this beautiful wire stand

Visitors to my booth this weekend included Carol of The Polka Dot Closet and Kathy Gonzalez of Thrift Happy. If you are unfamiliar with these wonderful ladies, you'll have to check them out. Carol does the best tutorials for repurposing items and making beauty out of ugliness. Kathy is starting an online paper called Vintage Finds and is looking for contributions. Check out her website if you're interested.

Hopefully I'll see you at the Fancy Flea. Until then, I'll be creating more handcrafted items and reducing my inventory on the Flea Market side on Aisle D. Stop in and say hello.

Update: I've decided that the monthly shows aren't for me. I'm sticking to the Flea Market and other venues that pop up now and again.

Linking up with:

6 comments:

  1. How sweet of you to mention me!! Your booth looked fabulous and I am excited to see you again at the FF!

    CArol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure your booth will be loaded with treasures!

      Delete
  2. How fun! I love Carols stuff! I'm headed to TX to do one there in 6 days! Been painting like mad! Enjoy yourself! Take lots of pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you linked up to my newbie party. Great to have you. I love antique booths and vintage fare. Please add my link or button to your post so that others know you joined in on the party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe I forgot to do that. Thanks for letting me know :) And thanks for hosting this unique Linky Party ; )

      Delete
  4. Thanks for visiting my blog - following you back. I have had a good look around at all your creativity. Sounds like you're pretty busy !!
    Fiona @ justpaintitwhite

    ReplyDelete