Friday, March 23, 2012

What I'm up to this weeked

It's the last day of Spring Break for me. I've been spoiled this week with some chillin' out, extra time for my other projects and creating. Carol of The Polka Dot Closet introduced me to Rosemary of Villabarnes through one of her blog posts and I haven't been the same since. For me too much time can be dangerous.


I got my paint out and I've been painting everything in sight. With grey paint and white gesso. I love trying my hand at faux finishes. I haven't actually done much with them in years. I guess my faux marble period period kind of burned me out on them. I wonder if my sister Sharon still has all of the marbilized stuff I sent her way. She's known for having garage sales. I think she draws the line at selling used underwear. If it's not nailed down, it might go. [Don't worry Sharon, it won't hurt my feelings if they went for 25¢ each.]

I've been seeing so many romantic photos loaded down with zinc garden follies. I want some! I guess you could say I have…


I'm nowhere near as talented as Rosemary but a girl can try, right? Stay tuned for more of my "grey period." I guess I should stop while I'm ahead. First playing on Freud and moving on to Picasso. More grey to come.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the sweet compliment. Happy painting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rosemary. I love your stuff and your tutorials. Inspiring!

      Delete
  2. Rosemary can sure create some beautiful stuff and it's easy to get inspired by her lovely designs. I went through a gray period and now it's blue/gray! LOL! When does it ever end.
    Can't wait to see some of your projects.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm over to your blog to check out your stuff!

    ReplyDelete