Sunday, May 20, 2012

My Truck has a boo-boo

I had a great day picking yesterday. I found a fabulous old leaded glass window with some missing pieces so I can do a tutorial for those who liked an old Gallery Glass project {from Plaid Enterprises} I pulled out recently. My car is jam packed with goodies. Unfortunately, they are going to be chucked into  storage until I get the back window of my SUV replaced.

You see, my back window used to actually be there. Now I have a gaping hole which necessitated a call to the insurance company and time out of my schedule to get it fixed. All because I was backing down a driveway with a crooked tree.


This isn't the actual tree but see how the trunk veers off to the left?  Imagine backing down a curving driveway, avoiding a fence, and suddenly getting whacked in the window by a curving branch. I had been looking in the side mirrors but not for things that weren't on the ground. The body wasn't damaged at all.

I'm upset with myself as I consider myself to be pretty good at backing up. I guess that backing up on a curvy road is a different story. Mostly, someone shows up to direct me to back up, which I normally think is totally unnecessary. I wish someone had yesterday.

So I'm signing off today but look for some great stuff. I'm planning to save some of it for The Fancy Flea in Lakeland, Fl on November 3, 2012.




1 comment:

  1. Bummer!! I am so jealous that you are getting ready for the FF, and I can't go!! Oh, but I will be a shopper!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete