Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Signs of the Times

I've always liked signs. Lately I've been painting lots of them. They sell pretty quickly and I don't always get a picture of all of them. Just as I do with my bags, I don't usually make many repeats. When I do, it's mostly because it's one I just enjoy making.


People are always asking where I get the wood. It's from an old stash of wood my husband tried to take to the dump for years. Thank goodness he didn't get his way. {I have to keep an eye on him, he has an affinity for making my "junk" disappear.}



Paris Market is a favorite. I've only made one, but I've promised to make another for one of my Facebook *likers.* The original was way too long to ship and the new one will like the cropped photo above. 



I don't really know where the designs come from. As far as I know, there is no "King Crow Vintage." This is an old cutting board I picked up and once I made it, I wish I'd just put the crow on it. Who knows, if it doesn't sell I'll sand it off and re-do it with just Mr. Crow. Please overlook the glare coming off of the surface. It was still in progress when I snapped the shot. 

I'll be posting more as I make them on my Facebook page. I'm planning to take an armload to the Fancy Flea on November 3, 2012. Do stop by and say hello. Leave a comment and I'll be glad to visit you as well : )

4 comments:

  1. They are fabulous! I love the Paris Flea Market too!! I have only made a few signs...On my todo list!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love signs too! Your signs are so great!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are just gorgeous!! Thanks so much for sharing them with us! Have a wonderful night!

    Aledia @ Plum Perfect

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loveyour signs!!!!

    hugs,
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete