Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Heart Vintage Design is going to the Brits!

It happens that Mr Vintage is a former competitive swimmer and it seems that he played every other sport possible in school. So it's no surprise that the Olympics have taken over my house. I saw so many Union Jacks on TV yesterday that I was inspired to stencil three in color on my 14 by 26 inch burlap bags. It was so much fun attending to all of the details.  I must be crazy.




I blame it all on Carol of The Polka Dot Closet and her stool. Between her post, the Union Jack craziness in Blog Land and NBC, I started making them and as Carol knows, it takes forever. I took all of them to Adjectives and brought in Princess Di for good measure.


So if you're an Anglophile, come up and check out my "wall" on the upper level of Adjectives Market. The full color Union Jack bags are priced $18-20 and I also made some neutral colored "Jacks" for $8-10 in the round distressed pattern. 

Until next time,  Cheerio! 

7 comments:

  1. thanks for the shout out! I love your bags and stenciling is the way to gooo!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. True but it still takes forever and one little screw-up on burlap and there's no going back. I have to be in the right frame of mind to do these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look great, Kitty! I need an Adjectives fix soon! I'll check them out when I'm there! Have a wonderful week!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got a great compliment yesterday. A shopper told me he thought they were machine made. When I told him I stenciled each one he was impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice...
    Love those Union Jack designs too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ann. Funny thing is that my British customers want to buy American flags!

      Delete