Sunday, July 22, 2012

Illinois Travels


I've been traveling through parts of Georgia, Tennessee, Kentucky and Illinois. Of course I stop to check out the local antique and vintage shops as I get the chance. This post will share two of the many places I visited in Illinois. The Galena Antique Mall is located in touristy Galena. I loved this sign and bought a few unique smalls including vintage Galena postcards. 

A few things coming home with me
I actually found the best deals in Elizabeth, about 25 minutes down the road. If you get a chance to visit Ken of the Antique Emporium, be sure to tell him that Kitty of Heart Vintage Design sent you. He went out of his way to work with me on getting special items for my booth at Adjectives Market going as far as offering to come in at 7 am on Saturday so I could pick my items up.

It was unseasonably hot during our visit, so few people were out shopping and a few shops were closed. Here's a shop window in Galena I just love. It wasn't open during our visit but I enjoyed passing it as we went up and down the main street. It's probably for the best it wasn't open as I would have done my level best to score the vintage letters in the window. As a shopkeeper myself, I'm sure they're not for sale and it could have gotten ugly… {Just kidding, of course}



I got to meet a lot of people I plan to visit again on my next visit and had a great time. You can see more photos on my facebook page. Comments are always welcome. Hint, hint.

Linking up with

12 comments:

  1. I've always LOVED Galena and Elizabeth, too! Haven't been there in a while, we like to go in the fall. They have a great crafts fair at the end of the summer. Glad you had such a good trip[!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, the first person in a long time I've talked to who's been there! Of course I live in Florida and it's pretty far away : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how fun! Can't wait to see what great finds you picked up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun! I love Galenavery pretty place! I have been in that antique mall too! Traci

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your travel
    and antiquing...
    so many treasures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Illinois is like a breath of fresh air, unless it's 105 degrees, lol. Still had a great time.

      Delete
  6. Traveling and antique shopping. What could be more fun?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kitty, I bet your are getting fabulous items! It is always so fun to shop outside our usual junking haunts! You are so right about how hard it is to keep the colors straight on the union jack, you wouldn't know unless you tried it!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete