Sunday, July 8, 2012

Options and Crossroads


Those of you who've known me since my Treasure Cove days, which seem so long ago, know that I've been doing the markets here in Central Florida for about a year. As usual, I jumped in with both feet. After Treasure Cove closed I had a booth at The Ol' Packing House in Umatilla, but it was too far away and I moved to Renningers Flea Market. I started to do shows as well [Renninger's Extravaganzas and the Fancy Flea.] I've had to turn down some show invitations down due to running my booth at Renningers.

In June I moved into Adjectives Market in Altamonte Springs. This vintage market has exceeded all of my expectations and is keeping my busy staging, creating and looking for inspirations. Simply put, I'm too busy.  I'm at a crossroads and  need to let something go. That something will be my booth at Renningers. I love my booth and the people at the market but will still visit on a regular basis.

Funny how you can want something and think you'll always keep it if you get it and then when you get it you can let it go without regret. [Well, maybe a little…] I'm paid up through July and will keep it until  I find the right person to take it over.

I've got a busy season of shows planned including the 2012 Fancy Flea, the Renninger's Extravaganzas, Bella Rustica and a few others may pop up. I'm looking forward to looking for great stuff to sell and painting more signs.

I may not always be at the same space but I'm not leaving the vintage scene. Please *like* my facebook page to help us stay in touch. And of course, stop in Adjectives and check my booth out. I'm up next to Kathryn Page and Magnolia Pearl.  And do stop in a say "hello."

4 comments:

  1. Ii know what you mean...can't do it all!! I recently let a few things go...and I feel better already! Best wishes to you :). Laurel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, I was wondering how you could do it all!!!! I am meeting a friend at adjectives tomorrow, I love that store!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it too. There's always something different to see : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally understand being at a crossroads. I recently went through a similar choice. Good luck in your new venture. I just gave you "The Versatile Blogger" award. Stop by and check it out.

    ReplyDelete