Friday, September 28, 2012

Hurry-up and Wait Map Chest



It's funny how things work sometimes. I shared this photo of a plat map cabinet on my Facebook page just because I think the French Nest is awesome and I loved it. I wasn't thinking of buying it, I promise. But as people *liked* the photo, I realized that it could answer my stencil storing problem. 

As anyone who has seen my booth at Adjectives Market knows, I have a ton of stencils. I've been storing them taped to freezer paper with wax paper on top then stacked in a pile. I've been wanting to be able to store them by category to find specific stencils easily, something this chest will allow. 

So, without talking to Mr Vintage, I bought it.  I also call my hubby Mr. Time Management and it took several days to get him to drive to Adjectives to pick it up. Now it's in my garage waiting for some of his buddies to come and help him get it into the house, something I'm not happy about. I want it in here right now. Grrr.

So if you are waiting for a custom order, I apologize. I need to get this baby in the house so I can find the stencil I need. It's in the pile, I promise and I'll get to it as soon as I can!

Linking up with My Romantic Home

11 comments:

  1. Sometimes a girl just has to treat herself, what a great piece, I know you will love it!!!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carol. I am feeling a teeny-tiny bit guilty for this purchase but my birthday is coming up… : )

      Delete
  2. I think I might just kill for this! Fabulous, I'm very jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very happy for you. It's frsutrating to look and look for something--and time consuming as well. It takes a lot of stress and frustration away when you can be more organized. Glad you were able to get that lovely piece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a perfect piece. Getting organized is always just the inspiration I need!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That is a wonderful piece. I love these really unique pieces. :) I'm sure you will enjoy putting it to good use.
    I love your blog. I'm your newest follower. :)

    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous piece this is...I would love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it but who knows, when I get too old to stencil I might sell it. Hopefully that will be a very long time!

      Delete
  7. Later on I snagged the postal sorting box as well. Love the pair!

    ReplyDelete