Saturday, October 27, 2012

You Never Know Where Your Art Will Take You


Background photo by Jeremy Thompson of Adjectives Market


Last year I had a few burlap bags to sell at the  February Renningers Extravaganza. I used some of my vintage copper stencils and got to work. I took some to the Fancy Flea and now I'm known for having a wide variety of designs on burlap. I can do other fabrics and pieces instead of bags but my favorite material is burlap bags.

I always loved the look of burlap but never thought I would be working with so much of it. One day before my burlap mania started, I saw a magazine article featuring what what was frankly a terrible stencilling job. I knew I could do better and pulled out my vintage collection  and got to work. I haven't stopped.

I'll have a collection of my bags and pillow forms at the Fancy Flea next Saturday {November 3, 2012}  right next to Robyn Story Designs on Kentucky Avenue in Lakeland, Florida. I invite you to stop by. If you buy some burlap that will be all right too.

2 comments:

  1. I did buy your...The French Market & BROCANTE at Adjectives this week. I'll be shopping at FF next week. Did you hear, kathy and I are closing our booth this week. We are starting our Vintage Chic Affairs, a wedding/event rental business. A new adventure!!
    See you Saturday...SueBee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your new business! I'll bet you do the coolest weddings : )

    ReplyDelete