Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Mother's Day Surprise

It's always a compliment when someone whose work you admire incorporates  your work into theirs. In this case, Shannon Venturini of Anna Bananas contacted me regarding this bag I'd posted on my Facebook page. I know her from being a fellow vendor at Adjectives Market in Altamonte Springs.



Mother's day was approaching and I got the bag out in the mail asap. I had no idea what she was planning to do with it. I thought maybe she'd make a pillow.  A few days later she sent me this photo.



Here is the bag  she was working on still on the workbench. I wanted to share it right away but had to sit on it. I couldn't ruin Mother's Day for a special mom could I? She told me she'd send another photo once the gift was opened.




Here is the photo she sent me today with the framed bag in place on the wall. I love the hinge detail she added. Anna Bananas is known for making stunning furniture made of repurposed salvage wood.


 Everything they make is fantastic. I love this piece. One of these days I want to get something similar.



How's this for a great farmhouse table? The background is perfect isn't it? Anna Bananas is no longer at Adjectives Market due to their new, larger store in Deland, Florida. If you're in the area, check them out. I promise you'll be glad you did. 
...

2 comments: