Monday, May 27, 2013

Summer Time is Sign Time


Once it gets hot, I like to start painting signs. The ones above are painted on reclaimed wood. First I had to wash the dirt off and let it dry. When I make signs I make what I feel like and don't generally have a plan in mind.

I started out with "Gone to the Beach" followed up by "Heart and Wings" and "Rabbits." "Wings" has several layers and took longer than some of the others.  Then I started the floral banners which required time to dry between layers [Why is it that the complicaticated ones are my favorites?]

 Then I made "Simplify" followed by "Celebrate." My last two of the weekend were "Just Married"  and "Grocery." I really can't decide which one I like the best but I'm liking "Grocery" right now.

These signs and more are headed to Adjectives Market. Stop in if you're in the Central Florida area.


.

1 comment: