Monday, August 5, 2013

Steampunk in Mount Dora

The price tag said $700
The Steampunk show at Renningers in Mount Dora proved to be an interesting collection of  industrial and antique items.  The cart above was kind of an exception as it's unadorned with dials, gauges or such. 

It seems that costuming is an important part of this style, check out the child's gas mask. I noticed a pattern of women dressing more skimpily than the men, who seemed to favor overcoats and long pants. Headgear and goggles of some sort appear to be the most important part of steampunk fashion and there was even a vendor who sold only hats. 
    

What a deal for the smaller steampunker



This boat is quintessential steampunk style
These girls were happy to pose with attendees


This vendor got a lot of attention
True steampunk style

I've been aware of this style for a long time but parts of it don't really speak to me. However, I had a lot of fun. There were lots of raw materials that could go either industrial or steampunk so there is something for everyone. All in all, the show was quite interesting and will be an annual event. I can see this show developing into something HUGE. I'm going to be at the next one, believe me.

No comments:

Post a Comment