Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Industrial Finds at Renningers Extravaganza

***Warning: This post contains heavy industrial content… No fluffy girly stuff here today***


I love all types of vintage design but am particularly partial to industrial pieces. After teaching myself about classic pieces such as Barcalona chairs, I remember feeling slightly disturbed when I realized that I love a good deconstructed look complete with some galvanized metal. I've moved way past that and my heart sings when I see an old light fixture. Check out that petite little one in the back.


I was a science teacher in a past life and I love me some good laboratory glass. This is excess inventory from The Pasteur Institute which has 12 locations worldwide. Now that so much chemistry is done using digital processes they don't need to keep so much glassware on hand.


The gentleman selling the glassware also imports the tables and benches used at Oktoberfest in Munich, Germany. Apparently they are sold each year. These particular tables and benches are marked with the year 2010. I love the way they fold up flat. I may have to go back and see this guy at the January show.



Until next time... 

2 comments:

  1. Even us fluffy lovers and appreciate heavy industrial, I love the glass vials too

    Carol

    ReplyDelete