Saturday, January 11, 2014

My Visit to Robyn Story Designs

We had to be in St. Petersburg for business and I already had Robyn Story Designs programmed in my GPS when I suggested to Mr. Vintage that we stop in Robyn's warehouse in Tampa on the way home. He agreed. Well, we were in for a surprise. This is no ordinary warehouse! It's a show room par excellance. 

Chandeliers everywhere!
I've always liked Robyn's design aesthetic and her chalk painting classes are very well regarded. I followed her business page for ages on Facebook before I met her. Then she was my next door neighbor at the Fancy Flea. Now we both have booths at Adjectives Market in Altamonte Springs. I knew her place would be fabulous but I had no idea just how fabulous.

Tampa has an annual Pirate Festivial called Gasparilla
There are wonderfull vignettes everywhere.
Need a floral display? They can do it. 


The showroom is a labyrinth of rooms and as you wander about you don't know what room you'll stumble into next. One minute you're in an English tearoom the next you're in the middle of a pirate display. If you need assistance, her staff is right there for you but they are not obtrusive. It's the perfect shopping experience.

Even Mr. Vintage, an avowed hater of shopping, enjoyed checking out the rooms. We didn't stay long but we stayed long enough to know that I will be back when I have some serious time to browse. As we were leaving I had to get a shot of the garden area by the door. Too bad we missed Robyn. She's in Atlanta at market getting more great stuff for the store. I can't wait until she posts some photos on Facebook. Here's a link if you want to check out the new merchandise too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment