Tuesday, July 29, 2014

How to Participate in a Page Share Day

I've had a lot of questions about how to participate in a Facebook business page share party so here's a quick tutorial.

1. Go to the page having the share party and find the share post. I'm using my party to demonstrate.



2.  Write a note to the host to introduce yourself or to say hello. Then type in your URL [the web   address of your page] or copy and paste. The example below was copied and pasted. This will cause your page photo to show after you press enter.


3. That's all there is to it. Then visit the other pages, let them know you liked their page and how you found them. Your message will show up on their "Posts to Page" section and they will get a notification that you posted. Hopefully they will answer you back and like your page as well.



As you can see, I liked her post and commented back. 

4. Keep in mind that a like from your personal page has more social media currency than a like from your business page. In the example above Christine liked me from her personal page. And I liked her back from mine. 

I host share parties on my page on Mondays although I usually let them post on Sunday nights. Please stop by to share and hang around awhile checking out the other pages. Let me know if you have questions I somehow didn't manage to answer. Please do so on my facebook page. I'll answer questions posted here as well but I don't check this page every day.

                                                                                                     Kitty


5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much, I am just trying to figure this all out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome. There are some other topics I'll be writing about later on.

      Delete
  2. Glad you wrote this. I was trying to figure it out myself but hadn't really "gotten" it yet. Thanks!
    xo Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Update: I am now posting on Saturday afternoons and running through Monday to give more people a chance to join in.

    ReplyDelete