Saturday, December 20, 2014

I've Made it to the Showroom Wall

Every month Greg redoes the lobby and showroom wall at Adjectives Market  in Atamonte Springs, Florida. Imagine my surprise when I realized he devoted part of the showroom wall to my bags. That's a real honor.  I didn't have time to get my camera but luckily, Pam got a photo of the wall and shared it with me on Facebook.

Half of the showroom wall courtesy of Pam Hill
I don't believe that I posted that HVD moved closer to the stairs of the upper floor. The new location is near the elevator which explains the vintage "elevator" sign on my wall.  The new booth looks good due to  Copperkraken's styling assistance.  I've been so busy working on it that by the time everything is done it's time to beat feet out of there before the wrap desk staff chase me out. (Just kidding. Sort of.) That explains why the only photos I have are out of focus shots from my phone too bad to post. There has simply been no time  to get a good shot.

This is from my phone but I had to share


In addition to working on my new location, I've been upcycling some items in steampunk style. Note the valve base for the Christmas tree (I also did some with knobs) and the windmill bank's blades. The windmill is approximately 50 years old and I think added some charm. For the antique purists out there, no permanent changes were made. We got it in Germany when I was a kid and I wanted to give it a new life.

I know I haven't posted a lot in the last few months. Working 50+ hours a week at my day job and blogging just don't mix. I'm working on working smarter instead of working harder so I'll have more time to do things I love. How's that for a New Year's Resolution?

8 comments:

  1. Congrats! Greg does such a good job with the entrance displays! I have got to get up there and check it out and see your new booth!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carol, I'm right across from the elevator. xoxo

      Delete
  2. Looking good! Love the faucet handle you used on the windmill. Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your page and all of your cute burlap projects! Thank you for visiting my blog and I will be back to see more of your cute things. - Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for taking the time to visit me and all I inspire. Your little handbags are so cute, as well as your windmill. Looking forward to seeing all you create and inspire in the coming New Year.

    A Merry Christmas to you.

    Xx
    Doré

    ReplyDelete