Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Beetle Shipping Tags

I don't know how many of you know that I used to be a passionate card maker. I own an impressive collection of stamps that I don't have time to pull out much anymore. However I always have a few within easy reach that I use on tags. They are quick and easy to make yet still require you to lay the design out to be pleasing to the eye. For me stamping tags is like playtime.


My friend Copperkraken loves beetles and even drives one so I decided to make a gift of tags for his creations. I used a Tim Holtz numbered specimen stamp with chestnut Stayz-on ink and offset a beetle stamp from Inkadinkado in black Stayz-on. Because I planned to leave it for him at Adjectives Market, I decided to put them in a small bag with his booth name on the tag. I stamped the tag design on the front of the bag.


I couldn't resist trying out the tag on a cloche in my kitchen. I decided the bag needed one of the tags as a tag. Yes, that is a cloche within a cloche.  I'm not sure what that means other than than I must have a circular mind. In reality, it's to keep my ever curious cat, Salem, from playing with the glass. 


Just in case you're wondering what that organic bit is behind the bag, it's a piece of old wasp nest. I made absolutely sure there were no residents when I harvested it.



Here's the complete cloche with the wasp nest. Although I like the look of a tag, it didn't stay there. I tucked it in with the others.  I think Copperkraken will put it to better use...
...

No comments:

Post a Comment