Sunday, March 1, 2015

My Crafty Spring Weekend

Well, maybe Spring isn't here yet, but I'm in a springy state of mind and getting my crafty on. While I'm usually painting a sign or stenciling burlap, today I'm making some Easter crafts. I started off decoupaging foam eggs with designs cut from paper napkins.




I cut out the designs and used some Modge Podge to adhere them. When I'm done with them I'll give them a spritz of matte Kyrlon clear spray to remove the shine you can see here.




I've had the napkins with the chickens for years. I got the butterfly napkins at Michael's Crafts and I've ordered some on Etsy. The right napkins are harder to find than I thought they would be.


Then I moved on the muslin bunnies I got the other day. Here they are sitting in an instant coffee soak in a "hot tub" otherwise known as the pot I cook corn in. The water looks red but it's just 3 tablespoons of instant coffee in hot water.



They have a lot of company, there are 10 in all.



They'll be soaking for some time. I turn them over so the coffee "dye" will take. Meanwhile, I'm painting some papermache bunnies and eggs "chocolate."


 As you can see, I'm not finished with one yet. And of course where there are big bunnies, small ones are sure to follow. They're kind of cute. I'll also give them a mist of the Krylon spray to dull the shine from the light when they're done.





Where there are chocolate bunnies, you'll find chocolate eggs. They take some time to do because you can only do a small part at a time.





That's about it for now. I've got some bunnies to stir in the pot and some painting to do. xoxo

3 comments:

  1. You've really been busy! I haven't even been able to give Easter a thought as of yet. Snow still around and low, low temps make me forget that spring really isn't that far away. Can't wait to see the finished stuffed bunnies!
    xoKathleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a lot of great projects going on, I love the napkin eggs and I want to eat your chocolate bunnies....Now, go get the cloth ones out of the pot lol!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carol, You inspired me to post an update on the bunnies. I assure you that they're all dry and happy...

      Delete