Wednesday, July 6, 2016

A Little Gift That Means So Much

I recently lost my sweet cat Nikka due to health issues. She was a rescue who was very slow to warm up to us but when she did she melted our hearts. I took her to the vet thinking maybe she had kidney disease, common in cats, but generally they can live with it for a long time.  Unfortunately, she had a condition that wasn't survivable and she was humanely euthanized.

Nikka waiting for the vet
My friend Lisa of Daylily NeedleArt knew that losing her was hard on me. She gave me a card and a special gift in remembrance of Nikka instead of flowers. Don't you just love it? It's completely handmade and is filled with French Lavender so it smells wonderful. Every time I look at it (or take a whiff of the heavenly scent) I'll remember Nikka and Lisa as well. 

My lovely handmade heart


I am grateful for good friends like Lisa. 

Until next time,

Kitty


2 comments:

  1. Oh how sad to lose your beautiful girl. I am so sorry. Sorrow is sometimes eased by the thoughtful acknowledgement of friends.
    Ginene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Fox and Finch Antiques.

    ReplyDelete